Coordinator, Community Investment (Part-time) POSITION AVAILABLE
Chicago Cares, in partnership with the Greater Auburn-Gresham Development Corporation, is looking to immediately hire a Coodinator, Community Investment, to manage local on the ground volunteer projects. If you are interested or know of a resident, who would be great for our Auburn Gresham Chicago Cares volunteer coordinator postion, please contact email@example.com or call GADC office at 773.483.3696 and ask for Norma.
Click this link to Download a copy of the job description here
Coordinator, Community Investment (Part-time) POSITION DESCRIPTION
FLSA Status: Hourly non-exempt
Department: Program Innovation
Reports To: Director, Program Innovation
Established in 1991, Chicago Cares mobilizes volunteers to create a stronger, more unified Chicago.
The Coordinator, Community Investment will be responsible for developing and maintaining volunteer service programs in a specific geographic area in partnership with a lead community organization1. Projects advance work in key issue areas tied to community quality of life or community and economic development plans.
The Coordinator, Community Investment may also create new service models to respond to community needs in conjunction with the Director of Program Innovation; cultivate community volunteer leaders; and lead local volunteer recruitment, training and retention efforts. The Coordinator acts as an ambassador for Chicago Cares and as a connector between the community lead agency and Chicago Cares.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, grow, and sustain strategic, long-term, mutually beneficial community partnerships with the lead agency and key institutional partners.
- Maintain a high level of engagement by participating in lead agency meetings, presentations, committees, and community-based events, etc.
- Develop and manage corporate and ongoing volunteer programs executed in the target community as outlined in the community’s annual plan and as assigned by the Director, Program Innovation.
- Identify and develop new program models, in partnership with the Director, Program Innovation and the lead agency point of contact.
- Manage local program impact and evaluation, including tracking costs, collecting impact data and compiling evaluation metrics.
- Recruit, train, manage and evaluate local volunteer leaders, developing a cohort of local residents leading and developing projects.
- Recruit, train and manage local volunteers, developing the community volunteer base in that community area.
- Execute capacity building assessments and programs, including training opportunities for lead agency staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advance brand identity by reinforcing strategic messages and company values
- Ensure quality and economic viability of all programming
- Participate in cross-departmental committees and task forces as appropriate
- Participate in and provide support and stewardship of fundraising activities
- Strong familiarity with the community area and demonstrated leadership in community affairs
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent related experience in volunteer management
- Basic knowledge of how to assess community needs through research and meeting with members of a community
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other desktop publishing tools
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to make effective oral presentations to large and small groups
- Project management skills, including ability to manage multiple assignments with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain composure and enthusiasm when working with volunteers with a variety of personalities
- Commitment to working beyond traditional working hours and schedules
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and engage in physical labor associated with loading, unloading and moving project supplies
- Ability to adjust to various physical and environmental conditions as the position may require including computer work and sitting or standing for long periods of time
1 Auburn Gresham: Greater Auburn Gresham Development Corporation
Posted in Business News, Community Highlights